I've been running a virtual business for the last seven years. I'm not going to say it's easy, but I really do think anyone can do it. And it's wildly rewarding to own your time. So if that's what you're looking to figure out, you're in the right place!
I’m so pumped about this series of courses, I want to make sure I’m providing everything I possibly can to set you up for success. Think of me as your personal business nanny. I’m your helping hand to get everything done. I know you’re capable of making this business a reality, so just holler when you get a little stuck or need a boost of some sort. If you’re interested in any one-on-one help, I’m happy to help you out there too!
Included in this Starter Kit are five courses:
- Business Set-up Essentials
- Branding & Service Offerings
- Website Creation & Launch
- Marketing & Outreach
- Operational Processes & Systems
Now let's break that down and look at the details of each one!
In the WFH Playbook: Business Set-up Essentials course, we will:
- Establish your intentions
- Set benchmark goals
- Create your mini business plan
- Create legal contracts (I have comprehensive legal clauses included from my attorney)
- Set up invoicing software and electronic payment systems
- Set up e-signing software
- Find a physical location (I’ll explain why, it’s not what you think!)
- Recommended Resources
In the WFH Playbook: Branding & Service Offerings course, we will:
- Identify your target audience
- Identify your service offerings
- Create your brand voice and tone
- Create your brand identity
- Create SOPs for your service offerings
- Create a master proposal template
- Create a capabilities deck
In the WFH Playbook Website Creation and Launch course, we will:
- Purchase a domain
- Purchase and set up website hosting
- Launch a “Coming Soon” landing page
- Confirm navigation, keyword research
- Create and collect content for your website (images, copy, video)
- Finalize design layouts and development
- Craft your website announcement strategy
- Final pre-launch checklist and quality assurance check
- Announce your website launch
In the WFH Playbook Marketing & Outreach course, we will:
- Set up professional social media profiles
- Set up an email marketing account
- Claim your Google My Business listing and build your profile
- Create a digital content strategy for your brand
- Activate your social media strategy
- Create case studies
- Ask for client reviews
- Create your first set of blog posts to launch a thought leadership blog
- Set up and launch a monthly newsletter
- Seek out community
- Begin building partnerships (if you want)
In this WFH Playbook Operational Processes & Systems course, we will:
- Set up a CRM
- Set up an accounting/ bookkeeping system
- Set up budgeting and forecasting system
- Set up payroll
- Create a sales process
- Create your client onboarding process
- Set up a project management tool
- Set up a file management process for you and your future team
- Set up communication tools and a communication process for your future team
- Begin building your team (if you want)
Additionally, don’t forget to check out:
Game on. Are you ready to take the first step in crafting a professional future for yourself where you control when and where and how you work? Where you control your income and your time? Where you can drop off your kids from school AND pick them up?
I thought so. I like you already.
Kiley Peters is the Founder and CEO of internationally award-winning Brainchild Studios, a boutique digital content marketing and website creation agency serving retail brands targeting Millennial Moms. She is the Founder of the Work From Home Playbook, a series of online courses guiding aspiring entrepreneurial moms through the steps of starting a virtual business. She also founded the Brainchild Fund, a charitable initiative to support women in business and entrepreneurship. Finally, she is the founder of RAYNE IX, a coaching and business consultancy for service-based small business owners and professional advisors.
As a serial entrepreneur and national speaker, with over a decade of industry experience, she has worked on digital marketing strategies for over 100 brands ranging from small businesses to global enterprises. Her primary areas of expertise include small business consultation, digital content strategy, and consumer behavior research and analysis.
Under her leadership, Brainchild Studios has been acknowledged as one of Wisconsin Inno’s 50 on Fire in 2019, won six international Stevie Awards, including 2019 and 2020 Business Services Company of the Year (for a Company with 10 or less employees), and was awarded the Wisconsin Marketplace Governor's Rising Star Award for a Women-Owned Business.
As a national speaker, she has spoken on the topics of small business and digital marketing strategy, content marketing, and Millennial Mom research at Content Marketing World (Cleveland), Content Marketing Conference (Boston), Women Investing in Women FUND Conference (Chicago), Women’s Entrepreneurship Week, Startup Milwaukee Week, University of Illinois at Chicago, Columbia College, Marquette University, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, The Second City and Google.
She is a Faculty Member at Exit Planning Institute (EPI), an Adjunct Professor at Marquette University, a Certified Exit Planning Advisor (CEPA) and holds dual Bachelor of Arts degrees from Marquette University and an MBA from the University of Illinois at Chicago.
StartEstablish your intentions (5:23)
StartSet benchmark goals (1:45)
StartCreate mini business plan (1:02)
StartCreate legal contracts (2:29)
StartSet up invoicing software and electronic payment systems (4:11)
StartSet up e signing software (1:21)
StartFind a physical location (1:21)
StartIdentify your target audience (4:22)
StartIdentify your service offerings (0:57)
StartCreate your brand voice & tone (2:39)
StartCreate your brand identity (4:52)
StartCreate SOPs for your service offerings (1:51)
StartCreate a master proposal template (2:33)
StartCreate a capabilities deck (1:42)